- Successful candidate will participate in part deburring (including grinding) and packaging operations, as well as operate cut-off and bandsaws as well as unloading pallets for the laser
- Assembly & housekeeping tasks as required
- There will also be other manufacturing duties as required
- 6 – 12 months experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- You need to have very good attendance and a desire to learn
- An ability to read basic blueprints; use vernier calipers, tape measure and a measuring square would be an asset but not essential
- Basic math skills are required
- Must have high attention to details, immediate deadlines and able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or individually
- Good physical capability and a “can do” attitude is a definite asset
- Must be able to show proof of Grade 12 diploma
This is a physical position that requires:
- Continuous standing for extended periods of time
- Some heavy lifting, carrying and handling of objects.
- Regular use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, bending/stretching, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, walking, pushing/pulling
- Repetitive motion and other job specific requirements
- Precise hand/finger movements
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature fluctuations, moving machinery, loud noise, and dusty environments.
- Sensory Attention: Need to give close attention with hearing or seeing to work surroundings. Must be able to handle exposure to different smells that may occur in the workplace.
- Must be able to wear prescribed PPE that the company requires safety glasses, hearing protection, work boots/shoes and respiratory protection (depending upon job) etc.
- Safety Sensitive Position: This position is a safety sensitive position and if it is not performed in a safe manner, can cause direct and significant damage to property, and/or injury to the employee and others around them.
- All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check.
- Proof of Secondary School Diploma is a must.
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada.
- You are able to perform the physical requirements of the job, which may include bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, standing, walking, repetitive motion and other job specific requirements.
- You have an interest in manufacturing, general labour, and factory/entry level roles
- A valid driver’s license or transportation required, as this position is located in Cathcart, Ontario is not on a bus route
What we Offer:
- 3-month probationary period
- Benefit package offered after 3 months of successful service
- Clothing Allowance
- Great competitive wages
- RSP Matching Program
We would like to thank all those that apply, however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
David W. Wilson Manufacturing Ltd. strive to create a respectful, accessible and barrier-free work environment. If you require accommodation at any step in the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs – simply contact a member of the HR team with your request in advance.